The leaves, sap and rhizomes of A. praecox are highly toxic to humans and may cause ulceration of the mouth, skin rashes and burning sensations. Especially toxic to children. A. praecox appears on the FDA Poisonous Plant Database. (Barr 2001; DPI Vic 2008b).
Compiler: IUCN SSC Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG) with support from the Auckland Regional Council (ARC)
Publication date: 2010-09-01
Recommended citation: Global Invasive Species Database (2019) Species profile: Agapanthus praecox. Downloaded from http://www.iucngisd.org/gisd/species.php?sc=1724 on 21-04-2019.